Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Unsuspicious Patriarch


"Azazel, do you have good news for me with regards to the spreading of religion?"

"Imperator, I have no bad news to report."

"Give me a summary on the status of the pale ones up north?"

"Imperator, I assure you that they are quite confused. They believe that all of life came into being as a result of a massive woman giving birth. Makes sense to them simply because of the woman's cycle, and the fact that little people come out of them."

"And those in the south?"

"Imperator, it seems as though whenever a multitude of them gather in one place they come to the conclusion that there must be a pantheon of deities governing the affairs of the world."

"Such simple minded beasts. They presume that because it takes many people to keep a city, it must take multiple deities to run their world... Has there been a report of even a single individual who understands the concept of holiness? Is their any counterfeit deity resembling the Designer?"

"Imperator, they have no concept of holiness. The deities they imagine are one dimensional, thus reconfirming how very limited these beasts are. I assure you, I have not come across one who could be considered a child of the Designer. " 

"Perhaps they have fallen so far, and He is too holy to draw near to them. He is disgusted by them, like He was with me before my exile... So, there is nothing especially unusual to report?"

"Imperator, there is nothing especially... Well, I did hear word that a wealthy family from Ur of the Chaldeans is migrating. I suppose there doesn't seem to be any good reason for them to do so, upon considering their status."

"How many sons does the patriarch have?"

"Imperator, the patriarch has no sons, and his wife is old and barren."

"Does not seem to be concerning. We have to be sparing with our scouts..."

And what the enemy missed;

Now the LORD had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, from your family and from your father's house, to a land that I will show you.
I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."
So Abram departed as the LORD had spoken to him... Genesis 12:1-4.

Later God would speak to Moses about the descendants of Abraham saying, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you'" Exodus 3:14.

"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" John 8:58

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. I like where you are going with this. I look forward to reading a continuation.

    ReplyDelete